Vegetarian? looking for a meat free dish? feeling guilty about slaughtering animals? then this microwave vegetable supreme dish is for you. It’s very similar to my chicken supreme recipe, but without the chicken.
- Large microwave safe dish with lid
- 250g broccoli florets
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 150g carrots (three carrots diced)
- 100g mushrooms (five mushrooms sliced)
- 200g cheddar cheese (broken into chunks)
- 1/2 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 2 knobs butter, margarine or spread
- 4 tbsp cooking oil (olive, coconut, palm, rapeseed, Mazola or whatever)
- 1 cup of milk
- Throw everything in the dish except the milk.
- Combine all the ingredients together with a spoon.
- Add the milk and give a stir, put the lid
- Cook on full power in the microwave for 10 mins.
- Remove from the microwave give it a stir and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Microwave vegetable supreme makes a good vegetarian main dish or can be used as a side dish for a meat or poultry roast .
Microwave Vegetable Supreme Tips
There’s really no limit to the amount and variety of vegetables you can use for this dish other than the size of the microwave dish itself. Try adding tomatoes, potatoes even cabbage.
Select your microwave oven's power to get the correct timing
Total Cooking Time = 0 mins, 0 secs