I tried this microwave chicken supreme recipe for the first time last night after reading that rapper, Ja Rule was bringing out a microwave cook book based on recipes he made while serving time. Apparently prison food nowadays is less jail house gruel and more Cordon Bleu. I wanted to get a little taste of what certain in-mates are being spoilt with, so I got the ingredients together and got cooking.
When I took my first mouth-full, I couldn’t believe what my taste-buds were telling me. It’s no wonder re-offenders re-offend if this is the kind of thing they’re being fed. Now however, in about 30 minutes, we can all enjoy microwave chicken supreme and still turn our lights out whenever we choose.
- Large microwave safe dish with lid
- 500g chicken breast (around three breasts) (diced)
- 200g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 100g sweetcorn
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 4 tbsp cooking oil (olive, coconut, palm, rapeseed, Mazola or whatever)
- 1/2 lemon's juice
- 1 cup of milk
Select your microwave oven's power to get the correct timing
Total Cooking Time = 20 mins, 0 secs
- Chuck everything in the dish except the milk.
- Massage all the ingredients together with hands or use a spoon to combine and rub in.
- Add the milk and give a stir, put the lid
- Cook on full power in the microwave for 20 mins.
- Remove from the microwave give it a stir and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
To Serve Microwave Chicken Supreme
Microwave chicken supreme is made for pasta or noodles. There'll be a lot of sauce so make sure there's plenty of your favourite pasta to soak it up.
Microwave Chicken Supreme Tips
Microwave chicken supreme is a basic meal that can be enhanced. For this recipe I've added sweetcorn and mushroom, you can experiment with other vegetables such as broccoli and carrots or by adding ham, bacon or pastrami. If your a strict veggie, try the microwave vegetable supreme.