Microwave Scrambled Eggs was the first microwave recipe I ever tried. It was passed on to me by my sister while she was studying to become a doctor. It’s a delicious, quick and easy method of cooking a scrambled egg dish.
- Microwave safe bowl
- 1 fresh egg per serving
- 1 Tablespoon of cooking oil (any type is fine)
- 1/4 cup of milk
Select your microwave oven's power to get the correct timing
Total Cooking Time = 3 mins, 0 secs
- Swirl the oil around in the bowl
- Crack the egg into the bowl and add any other small ingredients such as chopped onion, a little grated cheese, salt, black pepper, fresh pepper etc.
- Pour in the milk and mix together
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel. (It is very important to cover as eggs will splat themselves all over the inside of the oven when microwaved)
- Place in the microwave oven on full power for 1 minute.
- Use a fork to scramble the semi formed egg mixture
- Place in the microwave oven on full power for a further 30 seconds
- Stand for 1 minute to allow the scrambled egg to settle down before serving on a nice buttered bed of toast
To Serve Microwave Scrambled Eggs
Microwave scrambled eggs are always best on crunchy slices of hot toast saturated with butter or spread. Sprinkle a little black pepper over it to
Microwave Scrambled Eggs Tips
To make your microwave scrambled eggs extra fluffy, whisk the egg and the ingredients like you've never whisked before before cooking. The extra air will give it a super light texture.