Microwave steamed hake is a healthy microwave fish recipe which takes hardly any effort to make. Fish is pretty good for you as it contains omega 3 fats which have been scientifically proven to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels. This hake fish recipe is designed to be really easy to cook and is based on filleted hake that can be bought from most supermarkets. There will be no need for any difficult preparation other than defrosting if it happens to be frozen. This microwave steamed hake recipe is a great way to introduce fish into your diet which is an essential food that is often overlooked.
- 1 microwave safe / Pyrex dish with lid
- 1 filleted hake loin
- 1 tsp dried, crushed red chilli pepper
- 1 slice of onion
Select your microwave oven's power to get the correct timing
Total Cooking Time = 3 mins, 0 secs
- Defrost the hake loin if required
- Place the hake loin in the dish
- Sprinkle the chilli pepper over it
- Chop the onion into small pieces and sprinkle them over the hake
- Roll the hake around in the dish so it gets covered by the pepper and the onion
- Place the lid on the hake and cook in the microwave on full power for around 3 minutes
To Serve Microwave Steamed Hake
Leave the microwave steamed hake in the dish with the lid on it for a minute to allow it to cool off a little. Serve your microwave hake on a bed of rice with a vegetable side dish.
Microwave Steamed Hake Tips
Fish always tastes good with lemon so squeeze a few drops of lemon juice over your hake once it's cooked.