Vegetables Au gratin is a vegetable dish cooked with a cheese topping. As you probably gathered from the name, Au gratin is of French origin. Gratin means in English to grate, which is what is done with the cheese this dish is topped with.
- Souffle dish
- 300 g carrots
- 300 g cauliflower florets
- 100 g creme fraiche
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 100 g grated Gouda cheese
- Basil leaves
Select your microwave oven's power to get the correct timing
Total Cooking Time = 0 mins, 0 secs
- Wash the carrots and cauliflower florets.
- Slice the carrots
- Place the vegetables in a souffle dish
- Mix the creme fraiche with the cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables
- Sprinkle the Gouda over the bake and cook your vegetable au gratin in the microwave for around 25 minutes at 600 W.
To Serve Vegetables Au Gratin
Garnish your vegetable au gratin with basil to serve
Vegetables Au Gratin Tips
If you want to the topping of your vegetable au gratin to look extra brown, once cooked bring out the chef's blowtorch and give it a good blast of heat.