A recipe for cooking garlic cream prawns in the microwave oven. Microwave garlic cream prawns can be served as a saucy aromatic starter or a side dish. This recipe is a really good way to cook and serve a tasty appetiser in under 10 minutes.
- 300 g raw, shelled prawns
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3-5 tbsp of oil
- 100ml fresh cream
- 50 g of sour cream
- Freshly grated rind of one lemon
- Ground black pepper
- Place the prawns in a microwave safe dish with the crushed garlic and oil.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes at medium / high power (600 W).
- Remove from the microwave oven, stir once and continue cooking for a further 2 to 3 minutes at medium / high power (600 W)
- Remove from the microwave, stir in the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat for around 2 minutes at medium / high power (600 W).
Microwave garlic cream prawns are perfect served with some fresh baguette bread.
Select your microwave oven's power to get the correct timing
Total Cooking Time = 0 mins, 0 secs