This Microwave Mustard Mashed Potato recipe adds a little more tang and texture to your ‘tats than your standard Mashed Potato dish. Our basic microwave mashed potato recipe as popular as it is now has a bad boy little brother. Microwave Mustard Mashed Potato will totally tantalize your taste-buds. By adding spring onion or scallion if you’re in the Western Hemisphere and a little wholegrain mustard, your mashed potato will go from bore to cor!
So lets get on with making some Microwave Mustard Mashed Potato…
- 1 large Pyrex dish with lid
- 1 to 1 and half kgs of potatoes of any variety
- 1 Spring Onion / scallion
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Start boiling six cups of water in a kettle
- Peel and wash the potatoes then chop into 3x3cm pieces
- Put the potatoes in the Pyrex dish and cover them with the boiling water
- Chuck in a pinch or two of salt and cover the dish
- Place into the microwave and cook on full power for around 12 minutes or until the potatoes break up really easily
- Slice the spring onions and leave to one side while potatoes are cooking
- Drain the water from the potatoes into the sink and mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the milk, butter and mustard to the mashed potato and whip with a fork until smooth and creamy
Microwave Mustard Mashed Potato goes really well with sausages or any other juicy meat.
Microwave Mustard Mashed Potato Tips
For extra tangy-ness, you can add to your Microwave Mustard Mashed Potato a handful of grated or crumbled cheese to the potato along with the mustard.