Stringy cheesy microwave cheese nachos in a minute with this delicious snack recipe. I’ve found this dish great for poker nights as a quick means to soak up the beer and spirits while waiting for the next hand. Enhancing this with random delicatessens you may find in the fridge such as jalapeños or ham can really jazz it up.
You’ll Need :
- 1 large plate
- A plate of plain nachos
- 1/2 cup of sliced, grated of crumbled cheese (any type)
1. Spread the nachos out on the plate
2. Cover nachos with cheese
3. Place in the microwave oven for 35 seconds or until cheese bubbles
4. Remove and serve.
To Serve :
Your microwave cheese nachos are actually good to go straight from the microwave.
Microwave Cheese Nachos Tips :
If you’ve ever been to a Chiquito (UK) or Taco Bel (US) Mexican style restaurant, you’ll probably have noticed that their nachos have way more than just cheese on them. Here’s the description from Chiquito’s actual menu for Fully Loaded Nachos
Fully Loaded Nachos £9.95
A huge portion of seasoned, baked and layered nachos, piled high
and topped with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and your favourite
ingredients. Choose from: Classic salsa, spicy chicken or beef chilli
So if you want you want your nachos like theirs without having it costing you £10, then just
- Grab all the toppings listed above from your local supermarket (when I say grab, don’t just grab them and run out of the shop. Please pay for the stuff first).
- As an alternative to spicy chicken or beef chilli you can buy a pack of chicken pieces or pastrami. For the Mexican effect splash a few drops of Tabasco sauce over it.
- Chuck the toppings on the nachos with the cheese.
- Zap it all in the microwave for maybe a little longer than a minute depending on how high you pile the toppings.