Mmmm cabbage. You either love it or you hate it. After you’ve tried this microwave mushroom cabbage recipe you’ll just love it! I always remember cabbage being kinda smelly when they used to serve it at school but by adding the mushroom and spring onion it transforms into something much more appealing. Cooking it in the microwave is quicker than using a pot and uses less water so more nutrition stays in the food rather than being cooked away. Also bear in mind that several South Pacific cultures have long believed that mushrooms are an aphrodisiac as they may stimulate women’s sex drive hormones. So give this a try…
- 1 large Pyrex dish with lid
- 6 green cabbage leaves, washed and cut into 2cm wide strips
- 6 – 7 mushroom, washed and cut in halves
- 1 Spring Onion / scallion sliced
- 5 tbsps olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- Pinch of salt
- Put the cabbage, mushrooms and spring onions in the microwave dish
- Pour in the water and the, olive oil, throw in a pinch or two of salt and combine the ingredients in the dish
- Cover the dish, place into the microwave and cook on full power for around 6 – 7 minutes
- Drain the liquid away or drink it if you want to ensure you get every last drop of nutrition inside ya!
Microwave mushroom cabbage is good with any kind of poultry or meat or any dish with pasta or noodles.
Microwave Mushroom Cabbage Nutrition Advice
Cabbage is loaded with healthy, good tasting crunchy nutrition. A 1/2 cup (75g) serving gives you, 47% of the vitamin C you need and a stonking 102% of your vitamin K requirements! Vitamin K… what’s that?.. I checked… it helps your blood clot so you don’t bleed to death when you get a cut.
Mushrooms improve the taste of cabbage and they contain up 20% of your daily energy giving vitamin B requirement along with riboflavin, niacin and pantothenic acid which you need for healthy blood, skin, nervous system and hormone production.
Select your microwave oven's power to get the correct timing
Total Cooking Time = 0 mins, 0 secs