For all you sweet toothers out there, read on for my microwave cookie recipe. If you need a quick sugar fix, something sweet to dip in you tea or a sugary snack to keep your kids happy then this microwave cookie recipe will hit the spot. It takes just 1 minute to make a single large microwave cookie and is ridiculously simple to do.
Here’s the list of ingredients for your microwave cookies…
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- Whisk the sugar and butter together, then stir in the milk, the salt and the vanilla.
- Stir in all of the flour until everything is mixed evenly
- Chuck in the chocolate chips, give it a quick mix and drop the whole lot onto a plate to form a cookie shaped blob.
- Cook on full power in the microwave for 30 seconds, then 20 seconds, then 10 seconds. Check each time to see whether the middle of the cookie is baked so you don’t over-cook it.
- Once the middle of the cookie is firm, take it out of the microwave and allow the baking process to complete as it cools.
Your microwave cookie will take a while to cool down so give it 15 to 25 minutes before you dive in to eat it.
Microwave Cookie Tips
Instead of or in addition to chocolate chips you could try raisins, cranberries, chopped up Smarties or M&Ms or how about this… carrots! Experiment…
Select your microwave oven's power to get the correct timing
Total Cooking Time = 0 mins, 0 secs